Perfect Sense is a collective group of intelligent, fun, personable people working together to provide innovative software solutions and solve complex business challenges.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
The Director, Channel Development, is responsible for recruiting new channel partners to drive the accelerated adoption of our digital publishing platform, Brightspot. We are looking for an experienced business development professional responsible for identifying and securing strategic partnerships that can deliver accelerated revenue growth. This individual will open doors and drive new partnership development, and will collaborate with the partner to devise a business plan that supports both the partner’s and Perfect Sense’s sales objectives and revenue goals.
- Identify and build new partner relationships to grow and accelerate revenue
- Act as a champion of our software and value proposition to new partners
- Lead the sales cycle with the partner, from strategic approach, defining solution opportunities to business modeling and term sheet negotiations
- Drive the channel sales strategy in collaboration with various internal departments
- Streamline and accelerate business development process for new partnerships
- Build a continuous pipeline of leads/opportunities and drive balanced sales growth
- Manage the partner contractual process internally with legal team and externally with the partner
- Accurately set, manage, and meet revenue targets
- Ensure partners meet expectations relative to pipeline development, technical capabilities, support functions and other commercial practices
- Work cross-departmentally to assist with general marketing initiatives and advise on the most effective ways in which to communicate to win new business and to build the brand positively
- Close effective, profitable, and productive partnerships
- Support presentations and trade shows, partner events, and other industry events as required.
- 10+ years of proven partner acquisition experience with an enterprise software company
- Strong professional presence with credibility in the enterprise software industry.
- Demonstrated experience creating, managing, and closing new partnership relationships with various technology companies.
- Experience implementing cutting-edge partnership sales strategies utilizing technology.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed revenue targets.
- Experience in managing complex negotiations and in working with legal staff.
- Ability to work and think at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Outstanding communication skills, including prospecting, presenting, negotiating and ability to clearly present complex ideas in ways that engages end-user audience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to work within a variety of situations across all levels of management.