We need more Principal Software Engineers to help us keep growing. We don’t want to change our successful model with rigid processes and endless meetings. We want more smart, fun, capable people to join us - because we like working with smart, fun, capable people. Our Principal Software Engineers are at the helm of projects for some of the biggest brands in the world, delivering cutting-edge experiences that we actually write home about.
Do you want to work hard alongside talented designers, engineers, and product experts every day? Do you excel when you’re smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
The Principal Software Engineer will work with system engineers, developers, SMEs, and end users to assess and provision functionalities into an on-line suite of applications and services, leveraging Brightspot. Specific focus will be on system interoperability, performance, and user requirements. The candidate should be comfortable with learning new technology, developing best practices and procedures, and documenting findings and recommendations.
- Work with the customer to define and plan the development and integration of a software architectural framework that will allow multiple consumers, internal and external to the customer’s organization to utilize common assets and data.
- Work with the Perfect Sense Program Manager and the Technical Program Manager to capture, analyze, and decompose system requirements, and develop, document, and test design solutions that meet those requirements.
- Assist in the development and integration of the data storing, sharing, processing, and visualization architecture to ensure conformance with customer vision.
- Work with the software engineering team to develop, maintain, and enhance internal platform software.
- Work with the leads of other subsystems, customers, and process owners to perform and complete solution integration and system development test.
- Assist in preparation, production, and maintenance of system computer hardware and software documentation, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, as well as all other areas of system life-cycle planning.
- Explore new technologies related to the computer hardware, software, and architectures and make recommendations for their introduction into the developmental and operational environments.
- Assist in troubleshooting, managing, and reporting problem resolution, including root cause analysis.
- Assist in transitioning computer hardware and software design solutions to an operational environment.
- Work with other engineers and contractors to promote customer and consumer satisfaction, optimize data security, and help ensure optimal user interfaces.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, or equivalent and 7+ years experience
- Experience developing open standards-based solutions: web services, modern user interfaces.
- Significant experience leading agile software development teams.
- Significant, demonstrable experience implementing features across the software development team and development environment.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work in a fast paced environment performing work of high difficulty in designing, writing, editing, modifying and debugging code.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to think independently and contribute to the overall effort without much direction.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure.