Perfect Sense is a visionary technology company that empowers digital possibility through Brightspot®, a content management and distribution engine built for high-volume portfolio, media, and brand publishers.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
We are looking for an experienced product manager who will use an entrepreneurial spirit to develop industry-leading strategies that move our deployment automation platform, Gyro, to the front of the pack. This position requires a thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle with an emphasis on creating the best experience for all consumers, whether that person is in front of the screen or using tools to manage a website behind the scenes. We work in an open, collaborative environment and seek talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and straying outside the routine.
In this role, you will use your deep product experience to work with internal teams to define Gyro's roadmap, manage the collection and documentation of requirements, manage the feature and defect backlog, monitor product development, perform demos and trainings of the platform, oversee client hand-off and acceptance testing, and support post launch monitoring.
The ideal candidate will have experience serving as a functional architect or software designer for technical solutions in the areas of DevOps, cloud, operations, and/or infrastructure/environment management. Ideally, your experience is in the definition and deployment of solutions that support pipeline automation from the start of development through the deployment and operation of a software product.
- Provide in-depth market, industry, and competitive analysis, particularly in the deployment automation tool space.
- Develop and maintain high-quality product requirements, documentation, and training materials.
- Serve as the first level of acceptance of products and features designed and developed by the team.
- Ensure quality and on-time delivery by monitoring and supporting products through all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Work with third parties to assess the potential for partnerships and licensing opportunities where needed.
- Assist in hand-off and training sessions with internal stakeholders, potential customers, and active clients, developing training materials as needed.
- Maintain backlogs and priorities for product enhancements, and own product development roadmaps.
- Document baselines and monitor KPIs to determine success of product against stated goals.
- 4+ years of product management experience with demonstrated successful delivery of finished products.
- A strong sense of ownership in your work and unwaveringly positive attitude.
- Articulate communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills.
- A passion for developing innovative products on the web and for mobile.
- High-quality standards and attention to detail.
- In-depth understanding of technical and user experience issues typically encountered in web-based product development.
- Uses sound business judgment to develop and manage client relationships.
- BA/BS required.