Perfect Sense is a visionary technology company that empowers digital possibility through Brightspot® , a content management and distribution engine built for high-volume portfolio, media, and brand publishers.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
We’re looking for a service delivery manager for our Operations team. S/he will be responsible for managing specific, high-profile clients from launch preparation through post-launch maintenance. We work in an open, collaborative environment and seek contributors who enjoy working with others and helping a product come to market smoothly and successfully.
- Own a portfolio of Managed Services clients - track their progress through launch planning, launch, warranty and maintenance phases.
- Coordinate launch planning with the client and internal teams, including ensuring infrastructure is ready, client technical components are completed and a launch day plan is complete and executed
- Own the incident and escalation process for clients, ensuring satisfactory resolution, communication and closure on each.
- Monitor, control and support service delivery for Operations - ensure systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed
- Advise leadership on relevant policies, activities and industry trends
- Champion Operations in projects and develop a strong understanding of projects in your portfolio
- Champion the client internally when issues outside of Operations’ control impact the availability and functioning of the client’s property
- Participate in internal and third party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of operational technologies and standards as practiced at Perfect Sense in order to educate and guide clients through launch and maintenance steps
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of security policies and standards as practiced at Perfect Sense in order to assist with security inquiries from sales and clients
- 3-5+ years of professional operations/IT experience, particularly around hosting and managing websites.
- Excellent communication skills with several audiences - clients, engineers, product managers, etc.
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong understanding of web-based architecture (web servers, load balancing, caching, databases, replication, etc.).
- Strong understanding of technologies used for website management - DNS, SSL, mail applications, etc.
- Understanding of cloud-based services (AWS, Rackspace, etc)