Perfect Sense is a full-service product company that capitalizes on its enterprise digital application development platform, Brightspot, to drive innovations in web and mobile development for corporations worldwide. Perfect Sense originally created and now actively supports the Brightspot platform, which powers dynamic and highly engaging consumer experiences.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
We're looking for experienced QA engineers, who are passionate for their work, to test next-generation interactive online media experiences. Candidates will be responsible for end-to-end testing of web sites and web service applications, and for specifying, designing, implementing, and running automated tests.
- Performs various facets of testing on assigned projects, including but not limited to functional, regression, smoke, load, performance.
- Participates in design and code reviews as appropriate.
- Identifies and documents bugs within assigned projects.
- Collaborates with other team members or acts individually to resolve problems and complete projects.
- Owns tasks in test plan development and automation testing.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots issues with software and environment.
- Installs code into QA environment and maintains environmental integrity.
- Works directly with development and system administrators in troubleshooting problems.
- Supports production code installs as appropriate.
- Meets and adapts to changing deadlines.
- Understands team's strategy and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- 3-7 years of experience testing consumer-facing web sites and Content Management Systems.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and technical testing skills.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Should be well-organized, a quick self-learner, highly focused, and able to own a task through to completion.
- Experience using a defect tracking system and writing bugs that anticipate the needs for resolution.
- Cross-browser and cross-platform experience with Mac OS and Win OS proficiency using VMs.
- Ability to write test plans and test cases for new and existing products, with good understanding of project life cycle.
- Ability to multi-task and handle managing assignments on multiple projects.
- Testing experience with Apache/Tomcat applications, including performing basic operations as start/stop, etc.
- Experience with automation/scripting tools (Selenium WebDriver, Ruby, Shell Scripting, etc.) and open source load testing tools is a plus.
- Working knowledge of continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins, Travis CI, etc. is also a plus.