Perfect Sense is a collective group of intelligent, fun, personable people working together to provide innovative software solutions and solve complex business challenges.
Do you want to work hard alongside talented product managers, engineers, and product experts every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
We are looking for full stack developers with a passion for their work and a hunger to learn. By joining our team, you have opportunities to contribute to our content management platform, Brightspot, as well as high profile sites for clients such as Univision, Hallmark, Walmart, Newell Brands, Special Olympics, and many more. You will work on multiple projects, from concept phase through testing and launch. We work in an open, collaborative environment and seek developers who enjoy problem solving and straying outside the routine.
As you enter Perfect Sense’s engineering team, you will join a team of experienced engineers and quickly be assigned to a project team. You will partner with a senior developer as a mentor and have the opportunity to gain material experience in the following disciplines:
- Front-End Development
- Back-End Development
- Emerging Technologies and Frameworks
- Data modeling
- Taxonomy and Information Architecture for the Web
- Continuous Integration
- Development Operations in the Public Cloud
- Experience developing data driven web applications in Java.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and software development principles
- Knowledge of web-based architecture (web servers, load balancing, caching, databases, etc.)
- Understanding of HTML and CSS (LESS and SASS), and cross-browser display issues
- Understanding of version control techniques (Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Awareness of latest trends in web application development
- Understanding of the Document Object Model (DOM) and DOM scripting techniques
Education and/or Experience
- Current college student pursuing a degree in computer science or engineering
- Previous web or mobile application coding experience